Profile of the Average Online Student
Apr 16, 2018
- Female (70%)
- 33 years old
- Working and earning a salary of $65,000 a year
- Studying business (34%)
- Attends part-time
- Seeking a bachelor’s or master’s degree (75%)
- Lives within 100 miles of the physical campus (80%)
- More likely to attend a nonprofit institution (65%)
- Value the school’s reputation (75%)
- Motivated by career advancement (46%)
- Prefers online studies because they’re busy & need flexibility (68%)
- Appreciate the ability to study anywhere, anytime (31%)
So, tell me...does this match up with your media, message, and offer strategies?
Pat McGraw helps organizations of all types (public and private, for-profit and non-profit) across a broad array of industries (education, technology, retail/e-commerce, services) develop more effective and efficient ways to attract and retain profitable customers. As head of DWS' Higher Education Services, Pat is responsible for helping colleges and universities achieve their adult enrollment goals with innovative program/service, pricing, and promotional strategies.Pat is a writer, public speaker, and college instructor focused on marketing strategy and tactics.