To find out more about our marketing applications, products and services, click here or call us today at (651) 315-7588.You must be logged in to save Bookmarks.
Telemarketing Program Design / Creative Guide & Checklist
Like other forms of direct marketing, the creative is driven by the goals of the audience, and the goals for the campaign…lead generation or direct sales. You need to know your audience and you need to have an enticing offer and strong call-to-action.
Effective Outbound Telemarketing involves doing the following:
- Keep it simple.
- Get to the point fast with an impressive first sentence opening.
- Keep it short.
- Write in a natural voice.
- Explain who you are and what company you represent.
- Personalize the call.
- Briefly highlight the benefits of your product.
- Include a strong call-to-action and closing.
- The script should be written based on the skills and expertise of your staff. Someone selling high-end products to the CEOs of Fortune 1000 companies may require only a call guide as opposed to a script that had to be followed verbatim.
- Write the script for your audience.
- Ask questions in order to get the prospect to ask questions.
- Give the prospect a reason to act.
- If possible include references.
- Differentiate your call from others that the prospect is likely to receive during the day.
- The script should include “purpose-process-payoff” (purpose – the reason for the call; process – the action sequences of the call; and payoff – what’s the payoff for the prospect to act in response to your call – what’s in it for them? How do they win?)