To find out more about our marketing applications, products and services, click here or call us today at (651) 315-7588.You must be logged in to save Bookmarks.
Direct Response Banner Ads
Generally the same rules apply as for any direct response advertising, with some modification. Think of a banner ad as teaser copy for a website. Banner ads should be tested and tested a lot. They burn out faster. Good creative is necessary to ensure that the advertisement meets your response goals. Good creative is absolutely necessary in the crowded digital space where you are competing for the viewer’s attention on every page.
To produce respondents who complete your call-to-action, your banner advertisement has to be arresting and catch the attention of the viewer. It has to provide all the key information that a prospect needs to respond and it has to have an enticing offer.
Something to keep in mind as you’re developing the creative for your ads is that animation and video help generate a higher click through rate than ads without either.
Tips for more effective ads
- Keep it simple.
- Show people.
- Use clear qualifying language.
- Feature a strong headline or question (but make sure if using a questions, it’s not a questions they can answer “no” to.)
- Make your offer clear and honest.
- Use a strong call-to-action.
- Create a sense of urgency.
- Use words, like “click-here.”
- Use color carefully, but avoid white background ads.
- Reduce clutter, use fewer elements.
- Use movement.
- Use high production values.
- Ads with positive-induced emotions generate higher response rates than ads with no emotion or negative-induced emotions.
- Use professional designs to get better results.