Direct Response TV & Online Video Tips
Follow these suggestions when designing direct response television and video advertisements. You will greatly enhance the chances for launching a successful video campaign or ad.
- Get the right talent with experience in producing DRTV infomercials; with experience in the form you are using (short or long form).
- Select the form (short or long form) that is appropriate for the product being promoted. Not all products work in DRTV and some products work better in short form vs. long form.
- You’ll get better responses and results with products that have mass appeal.
- Focus on product benefits, the offer, and the call-to-action.
- Use the problem solution approach to selling.
- The product must be king. Don’t waste space/time on elements that don’t support the product story / offer.
- Match your creative to your product.
- When possible use testimonials to build confidence and allay fears and answer questions about product benefits and usage.
- Graphically reinforce the key selling points and benefits.
- Ask for the order now.
- Use and test the “Christmas tree” offer – such as multiple premiums, multiple products at price breaks (e.g., by 1 at $9.99 and get the second one for only $4.99)
- Test multiple offers such as the product at a medium, low or high price.
- Include upsell and add-on items in your call-to-action.
To find out more about our marketing applications, products and services, click here or call us today at (651) 315-7588.You must be logged in to save Bookmarks.