Catalog Marketing Checklist & Tips
Things to remember when creating your catalog marketing plans and designing your catalog.
- Appeal to what makes a person buy
- Design for audience
- Make the product the centerpiece
- Use great product photos
- Put important items on “hot spots” and on the outside edges of the page
- Use opportunities to cross sell between products and your website
- Use consistent type styles and limit their number
- Keep the style consistent from issue to issue to reinforce your “brand” image
- Give products the space they need
- Analyze the results
- Design for economy – size of catalog and postage
- Place a strong design element in the upper right corner of each spread.
- A catalog should still have an order form.
- Develop your "brand image" by using consistent layouts and design.
- Standard catalog formats are more economical.
- Unique formats will attract more attention.
- Individual items sell better than grouped items.
- Four-color catalog performs better than one- or two-color catalogs.
To find out more about our products and services, click here or call us today at (651) 315-7588.