Today, many organizations face a significant gap between strategic will and operational skill. That gap causes organizations to fall short on key performance metrics such as new customer acquisition, customer retention and referrals. That gap also negatively impacts the organization's ability to quickly develop and launch new products and services as well as enter new markets and successfully target new segments of the population.
Marketing-MAX is designed to help you optimize, improve, and if necessary revamp your organization's marketing planning, management and operations. If you think your marketing could be more effective, then this program is what you need. Our methodology has been developed and fine tuned over the years through our work with industry leaders...
Marketing-MAX is a three step program: 1) a comprehensive marketing assessment; 2) a competitive analysis of major competitors; and 3) a market opportunity assessment.
Step 1: Comprehensive Marketing Assessment
Step 1 begins with a comprehensive marketing assessment using our proprietary B2B, B2C "Comprehensive Marketing Assessment Tool." This audit involves a complete review of marketing strategies, plans, processes, practices, and programs, as well as a review of the marketing organization structure, resources and operations. We also review your marketing communications materials (marketing collateral), and interview personnel from various groups in the organization (marketing, sales, customer service, product management, corporate communications, etc.) regarding roles, responsibilities, resources, and processes.
The purpose of the assessment is to identify areas of strength and areas of opportunity. After the assessment is completed, we analyze the data and prepare an audit report with observations and recommendations.
The assessment is broken down into the following topical areas:
1) Business / Marketing Challenges Facing Your Organization
2) New Customer Acquisition / Lead Management
3) Customer Relationship Management
4) Marketing Management
a) Planning & Control
b) Product Management and Marketing
c) Marketing Communications and Promotions
g) Marketing Information Practices and Systems
5) Marketing Applications
6) About Your Organization
After the assessment is completed, we analyze the data and prepare an audit report with observations and recommendations.
We then help you define marketing strategies, polices and processes and develop your marketing plans and budgets.
We also identify marketing organization requirements, roles and responsibilities and prepare a marketing organization action plan and implementation timetables with supporting staff plans and operating budgets.
The final stage is identifying marketing systems requirements and developing marketing systems plans, budgets and implementation timetables.
From there, we help coordinate implementation of plans and periodically evaluate program progress.
Step 2: Competitive Analysis
The competitive analysis develops a complete picture of the client's primary competitors (competitor profiles) so that the information can be used by the client as a tool to help them develop competitive business, sales and marketing, product development and management, merchandising, and service and support strategies and programs that will strengthen their overall market position and enable them to gain market share. These studies follow a set methodology and produce a set of deliverables that provide data and analysis that enable the client to...
- Develop effective sell-against strategies
- Develop more precise positioning and value propositions for their products and services
- Determine and prioritize product features and functions
- Adjust / fine-tune their product road maps
- Adjust / optimizing their pricing
- Make better informed by versus build decisions
- Explore alternative technology architectures and infrastructures
- Evaluate quality metrics against their competition
- Determine appropriate investments in staffing and training
We develop a thorough competitor profile...The steps in the process that we follow include developing a comprehensive profile of each of the competitors and their offers, as well as a market assessment. The profile analysis typically covers the following areas, but may be altered depending on the client's industry:
- SWOT Analysis
- Key sell-against strategy points
- Sales figures for the past 1-2 years (depending on availability of data)
- Key customers
- Recent wins 3-year plan
- Customer satisfaction
- Consulting, service and support
- Technology platforms, manufacturing processes
- Product marketing
- Offering strategy
- Pricing strategy and practices
- Product feature and functions
- Value proposition
- Messaging about themselves
- Competitor's messaging about the client International presence
- Key markets Key points of differentiation
Step 3: Market Opportunity Assessment
The purpose of the market opportunity assessment is to develop an understanding of the market opportunity that exists for your products / services / solutions in the marketplace. The assessment will provide a picture of where the industry is headed, what the short term and long term demand for your products and services will be and make recommendations for your organization to take advantage of these trends and opportunities. The market assessment will determine
- What are the markets perceptions of your organization and your existing products / services / solutions?
- How do customers and prospects perceive your organization's offerings versus competitors' offerings?
- What do customers want in terms of products / services / solutions?
- What are the current drivers and motivators for obtaining these products / services / solutions?
- What are the future drivers and motivators for obtaining these products / services / solutions?
- What are the unmet market and customer needs?
- What is the current and future demand for these products / services / solutions?
- What is the size and what is the growth rate of this segment?
- What product / service offering does your organization need to develop and offer to this audience to attract a larger percentage of the marketplace?
- What are the market and industry trends affecting the purchase of your products / services / solutions in the marketplaces?
- What are buyers spending on these products / services / solutions?
- What opportunities exist for your organizations existing products / services / solutions?
- Are there opportunities for your organization to create new product offerings / services / solutions?
- Are there opportunities for expansion into new markets and market areas?
- What products / services / solutions does your organization have to develop to attract new customers both domestically and internationally?
- How can your organization motivate prospects to buy your product / services / solution offerings?
- What are the product and service requirements of the marketplace, both short and long term?
- What opportunities exist for creating and establishing partnerships and alliances?
Marketing-MAX is a packaged solution, offered at packaged fixed price. Pricing includes conducting the analysis, producing and presenting all final reports. Package pricing will vary depending on the size and complexity of your business.
Starting At: (Call for quote.)
To find out more about our products and services, click here or call us today at (651) 315-7588.